Finding New Members for you Village

Hello all!

I would love to hear from you on how you are attempting to find more members for your Village. Any ideas would be great.

One thing I did recently was to go on an expat website (since I am an expat in China) and make a post informing people of the opportunity. One person has contacted me and wants to sign up and begin practicing with our Village. One addition may not seem like much, but to me it is huge. 
  • edited March 2014
    Hi drdougle,

Congrats on gaining a new villager!

I was also wondering how to gain new villagers. I thought about contacting existing TJZ members by sending them a private message. Takes up a lot of time though and I'm not sure if the members get an email notification once they receive a private message. I just found out that I had a message waiting for me since 2014, but that could've been my fault. Maybe an admin can respond to this? :)

PS. I also don't know if this is a 'proper' way of finding new villagers. It could be seen as SPAM i guess..
  • Shizi, 

I did the exact thing that you mentioned. There were really only about 10 people registered in my city, so it wasn't time consuming. I have already asked about whether we receive email notifications and they at TJZ said not yet, though maybe in the future. So they actually have to login and go to the forums to see if they have a message. Because of this, I don't think it would be considered SPAM. Plus, once they login, they have the option to not allow people to contact them. 

Good luck with finding members and with training! 
  • working on the private site message email notification as we speak. expect to see that function within the upcoming week.

you will soon also be able to see easily if you have any new notifications when you login to the site. more details when the new function is released
  • That's great!

I was just now making a post in another section and a pop-up notification showed up at the bottom left screen telling me that a new post had been submitted to this category. 

You guys are doing a great job! Keep up the good work.